For sure, we love meeting new splitboarders. We’re located in Abbotsford and Kelowna, and can often deliver anywhere in-between, depending on timing.
If you use a postcode from Abbotsford or Kelowna in the shopping cart on the site, you’ll be offered a local pickup option by the system. Otherwise, just contact us to see if we can deliver.
Good question. There are a few, and we’re in the process right now of looking at a few more. I’ll try to list them by section to make it a little easier.
1. The cut. We use a thin-kerf, metal-cutting blade to cut the board, it goes right through edges, screw inserts and anything else that might be in the board. At the moment, the only real option on the cut is on staining the cut edge before we seal it. Let us know if that’s something you’re interested in, no extra charge. We looked at water-jet cutting, but couldn’t find a good one locally, and the saw actually does a really nice job!
2. The board clips. Our standard packages include Voile (‘Chinese’ style) board clips, or we can install Karakoram clips for $30 extra. The Karakoram clips really are better, they hold the board much firmer. The hole pattern is the same, so if you’re on a budget you can always go for the Chinese clips initially and upgrade later.
3. The inserts. At the moment we’re using T-nuts for bindings, and can do either T-nuts or Quiver Killer inserts for the touring hardware. Using Quiver Killers mean ten fewer holes through the base of the board, which can only be good, and the only slight downside is that they use 5mm hardware instead of the standard 6mm for snowboards. Not a big deal though, we can supply screws for any hardware, even long after the install. Quiver Killers are offered at the same price.
4. The Stance. For the binding mount inserts, we can add two inserts per binding to give some stance options. Note that this requires the use of Voile universal pucks or Spark pucks for puck system bindings – not an issue if you’re using Karakoram bindings. Contact us for details and pricing.
5. Upgrades. In addition to the above, we can include any extras you might want (if it’s in stock!), and if you’re buying either Splitboard Package #1 or #2, we’ll give you a 10% discount on everything in-store (except bindings). Contact us for details.
You’ve probably noticed that we don’t offer any packages with inside edges, and if you’re reading this, you’re probably wondering why not.
There are two main reasons, one being cost, but luckily (bringing me to reason two), we don’t think they’re really required.
Cost-wise, it actually takes quite a bit of time to saw the board, stain and lacquer (with four coats) the edge, mark out, drill and counterbore all the holes for clips and hardware, epoxy in the p-tex discs and smooth and wax the base. The more work we do the more we have to charge, and if we add edges as well, the cost gets closer to that of a factory splitboard.
As for whether or not they’re really needed – because the factory steel edge of the board is on the inside when in tour mode, the weight is on the steel edge that already exists when traversing, and we’ve always found that to be enough. Maybe the non-steel is more susceptible to damage, but we’ve never found it to be a big problem.
For those reasons, we’ve never tooled-up to do edge inserts. If that worries you, try this guarantee: If you ever damage the cut edge of a board that we’ve split for you (during normal use), we’ll fix it for free.
Shipping worldwide for all products available via our online store. If you are having products shipped outside BC or the US, please email or call us first for a shipping charge estimate. We’ll do the work to find the best deal for you!
If you’re anywhere in the Sea to Sky corridor or Interior BC, drop us a line via the contact page, because we can likely pick the board up from you, depending on timing.
When sending your board to us we’ve found using Greyhound is the fastest and best value within Canada. All international customers are welcome to email us for advice as it varies depending on location.
Once split and complete we’ll package it up and ship it back to you ASAP.
Shipping is at the owner’s expense. Please contact email@example.com for more information.